The first version of Commlink Fixed WiMAX Base Station is going to be released in the last quarter of 2008. In the first quarter of 2009, Mobile WiMAX Base Station will be released. Commlink will release 4 types of Base Stations:
- Pico Base Station
- Base Station Hostel
- Base Station for Rural Areas
- Base Station for Urban Areas
We focus on to provide a unique combination of features, delivering the best economics and most attractive service propositions for fixed and nomadic/portable broadband access. So our WiMAX based base station is designed to include the following features:
- Full compliancy with IEEE 802.16e (Mobile WiMAX) standard and WiMAX forum guidelines.
- Flexible OBSAI based Architecture
- High performance, dynamic, fully upgradeable and software defined PHY and MAC layers
- Advanced SDR module enabling easy software upgrades for future standards and new services
- Interoperability with any WiMAX-based subscriber station
- Seamless Integration into existing network
- Intelligent traffic classification, scheduling and standard based QoS support to efficiently manage traffic from thousands of end users simultaneously engaged in voice, multimedia and data services.
- Easy end user self-installation
Our base station will allow the network operators to offer not just fixed broadband wireless services to homes and businesses but also nomadic and portable data services to its customers.
- Real time packetized voice (VoIP, live streaming audio).
- Data services such as high speed internet, VPN, VLAN, e-mail, streaming audio, file download (FTP), music download etc.
- High quality Video services such as Video on Demand, Broadcast video, video streaming.
- Real time Video such as Video Conference, Online gaming, Video Communication, live streaming video.
- Mobility as well as Fixed access is supported.
- Possesses lightweight Internet Protocol(IP) architecture which simplifies the core network whereas 3G has complex & separate core network for voice & data.
- Mobile operators can deploy this WiMAX system as an overlay solutions to provide higher data rates.
- Differentiated services, Flexible bandwidth and multiple levels of QoS are provided.
- Allows for easier integration with 3rd party application developers.